We want to provide information to help you apply for the benefits you deserve.
We aren’t the government, and our company is private. We provide this information in a free guide.
If you’re trying to get assistance, we want to give you information so that you can:
- Understand the requirements for you to get benefits.
- Learn about the application process.
- Seek to get the most out of your benefits.
Table of Contents:
- Want to learn about us?
- Where do we get our information?
- Are we the government?
- Is my information protected?
- Will some people get VA benefits before others?
- I didn’t get VA benefits. What now?
- How can I prove that I meet the requirements for VA disability compensation?
- Can I get education benefits from the VA?
- Can I get housing assistance from the VA?
- Can I get employment help from the VA?
- What health services can I get from the VA?
- What are veteran pension benefits?
1. Want to learn about us?
We’re a private company that conducts research online and compiles information for you in a free guide. Our goal is to give you the information in one place – in a clear and simple way – to help you achieve your goals.
2. Where do we get our information?
Our team of writers conducts online research about topics that are important to you. We find information that’s already online, but we put it together to make things easier for you. We do the online research. We call local offices and ask questions.
Then we take the information and give it to you in a way that’s clear and easy to understand.
3. Are we the government?
No, we are not the government. Our company is private. We find information that’s already online, but we put it together to make things easier for you. We want to give you the best help that we can.
4. Is my information protected?
5. Will some people get VA benefits before others?
Yes, some people will be given benefits first or get “priority.” Applicants with the most serious medical conditions will get benefits first. Then, people who are at risk in terms of health or how much they make will get benefits next.
6. I didn’t get VA benefits. What now?
If you were denied benefits for a VA program that you applied to, you can appeal the decision. When you send in an appeal, a caseworker will look at your application again.
7. How can I prove that I meet the requirements for VA disability compensation?
To apply for VA disability, you have to show proof of your disability. You can use a report from your doctor for this requirement. To get benefits, you will have to give your military discharge papers, too.
8. Can I get education benefits from the VA?
Yes, the VA has different types of education benefit programs that you can apply for. These include the GI Bill, the Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program, and the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program. Different programs have different application steps and requirements.
9. Can I get housing assistance from the VA?
Yes, you can apply for a VA home loan. This loan can be used to buy a house or to refinance a house. This loan comes with a loan interest rate compared to regular home loans.
10. Can I get employment help from the VA?
The VA can help you find work when you are getting ready to be a civilian again. The Veterans Transition Assistance Program can help you by giving you counseling and help with picking a career.
11. What health services can I get from the VA?
You can get a lot of different health services from the VA if you qualify for healthcare. These include hospital stays, prosthetics, service animals, hearing aids, wheelchairs and oxygen equipment.
12. What are veteran pension benefits?
A pension is money that you get each month to help you financially. Veteran pensions are for qualified wartime veterans who meet the requirements. You have to earn less than a certain amount, be a certain age and have a disability to get a pension. You can be the spouse or child of a veteran who died to qualify, too.