We want to give everything you need so that you can apply for the benefits you deserve.
We’re a private company (not the government) that finds out what you need to know, gives you the facts and gives them to you for free.
Our goal is to give you the information you need to:
- Understand the requirements for you to get benefits.
- Learn about the application process.
- Get the most out of your benefits.
Table of Contents:
- Want to learn about us?
- Where do we get our information?
- Are we the government?
- Is my information protected?
- Will some people get VA benefits before others?
- I didn’t get VA benefits. What now?
- How can I prove that I meet the requirements for VA disability compensation?
- Can I get education benefits from the VA?
- Can I get housing assistance from the VA?
- Can I get employment help from the VA?
- What health services can I get from the VA?
- What are veteran pension benefits?
1. Want to learn about us?
We’re a private company (not the government) that finds out what you need to know, gives you the facts and gives them to you for free. Our goal is to give all the details you need – in a clear and simple way – so that you can meet your goals.
2. Where do we get our information?
Our team of writers has done a lot of research on the things you need. We’ve looked at the most important information online. We called local offices to ask the questions that you want answers to. We keep looking online and calling local offices, even if we already looked or called a few months ago. We do our best to give you information that is up to date and helpful.
Then we take the important things you need to know and give them to you in a way that’s clear and easy to understand.
3. Are we the government?
No, we are not the government, and our company is private. We find information that’s already online, but we put it all in one place to make things easier for you. We try to look in all the right places to get information and give you the best help that we can.
4. Is my information protected?
5. Will some people get VA benefits before others?
Yes, some people will be given benefits first or get “priority.” Applicants with the most serious medical conditions will get benefits first. Then, people who are at risk in terms of health or how much they make will get benefits next.
6. I didn’t get VA benefits. What now?
If you were denied benefits for a VA program that you applied to, you can appeal the decision. When you send in an appeal, a caseworker will look at your application again.
7. How can I prove that I meet the requirements for VA disability compensation?
To apply for VA disability, you have to show proof of your disability. You can use a report from your doctor for this requirement. To get benefits, you will have to give your military discharge papers, too.
8. Can I get education benefits from the VA?
Yes, the VA has different types of education benefit programs that you can apply for. These include the GI Bill, the Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program, and the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program. Different programs have different application steps and requirements.
9. Can I get housing assistance from the VA?
Yes, you can apply for a VA home loan. This loan can be used to buy a house or to refinance a house. This loan comes with a loan interest rate compared to regular home loans.
10. Can I get employment help from the VA?
The VA can help you find work when you are getting ready to be a civilian again. The Veterans Transition Assistance Program can help you by giving you counseling and help with picking a career.
11. What health services can I get from the VA?
You can get a lot of different health services from the VA if you qualify for healthcare. These include hospital stays, prosthetics, service animals, hearing aids, wheelchairs and oxygen equipment.
12. What are veteran pension benefits?
A pension is money that you get each month to help you financially. Veteran pensions are for qualified wartime veterans who meet the requirements. You have to earn less than a certain amount, be a certain age and have a disability to get a pension. You can be the spouse or child of a veteran who died to qualify, too.